Not every photograph or piece of wall art needs expensive custom framing! There are so many gorgeous, ready made wall art frames out there that could fool the most discerning eye. Here are 5 of my favorite inexpensive wall art frames that I have used in past projects!
One quick note: tones can vary slightly from how they are shown in the images below.
1. Black and Espresso Plank Frame
It’s $39.99! Shop this frame at Michael’s Craft Store.
2. Rustic Gray Wood Frame
It’s $30! Shop this frame at Target.
3. Vintage Silver Frame
It’s $29.99! Shop this frame at Michael’s Craft Store.
4. Brass Gallery Frame with Oversize Mat
It’s $49 (for a limited time!). Shop this frame at West Elm.
5. White Wooden Frame with Light Distressing
It’s $49.99! Shop this frame at Michael’s Craft Store.
3 Tips for Extra Savings on Wall Art Frames
- Look for a discount code. When shopping on-line, I am always keeping my eye open for a discount code to add at the end. For example, Michael’s Craft Store always shares a weekly ad with savings. This week, it’s 20% off All Regular Price Purchases with code 20MADEBYYOU.
- Wait for a sale. A lot of stores will run amazing deals around holidays and in my experience, wall art frames tend to go on sale. If I am working on a project and a holiday is near, I might wait a few days to see if the frames I am eyeing get discounted.
- Don’t be afraid to make it custom with matting. Found a gorgeous frame but the matted opening is the wrong size for your piece? Or maybe the frame doesn’t come with a mat at all (and you want a matted look)? Ask your local framer to cut you one! This an inexpensive and easy way to customize a ready made frame!
And 1 Product Every Do-It-Yourself Framer Needs
These archival mounting strips keep your artwork or photography securely in place behind a mat. The best part? No adhesive ever comes in contact with the artwork. The creamy colored peel and stick adhesive is set back from the edge of the strip. The artwork is instead gently cradled by the clear archival polyester side. See image below!
Looking for More Tips and Guidance?
Don’t miss my post How to Choose Framing for Your Artwork! Let the piece lead the way and don’t be afraid to seek out expertise if you are unsure! Happy framing!
Lauren Heller Art Consultant is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.