Art Consulting for the Real World
Selecting art can be an intimidating process, but I believe life is too short to not be surrounded by a home or office space that inspires you! When I envisioned starting my own art consulting business, I didn’t want it to feel stuffy or unapproachable. I wanted my business to provide the services that I heard my own friends and family asking about!
Art Advisory Services Such As…
- installing artwork and wall decor quickly and efficiently after moving into a new home
- framing cherished family photographs so that they can finally be displayed (end enjoyed!)
- selecting the right piece of art for the wall that has sat empty for far too long
In founding Lauren Heller Art Consultant, I want to help others feel confident when making decisions about their wall decor. Art Consulting for the Real World is about sharing my passion and expertise with clients to create spaces they love!
An Art Consultant in the Making
I began studying fine art in high school and fell in love with art history in college (I was hooked from my very first Intro to Art History class!). I went on to graduate Magna Cum Laude from Georgetown University with a major in Art History and minors in Studio Fine Art and French. In 2009, I graduated as Valedictorian and with distinction from the Sotheby’s Institute of Art in New York, NY, having received a Masters in Contemporary Art.
A Few More Fun Facts About Me
Before founding my own business, I worked as a… Gallery Director for the amazing Hillary Whitaker Gallery.
My favorite DC area museum is… the East Building of the National Gallery of Art.
When I’m not looking at art, you can find me…
- reading (paper books only for me – not on an e-reader – I need a break from screens!).
- cooking (culinary masterpieces with my weekly Blue Apron delivery!).
- spending time in my garden (my outdoor happy place!).
- practicing yoga (currently working on my crow and wheel poses!).
I currently reside in… Bethesda, MD (with my wonderful husband, energetic young son, and adorably lazy cat!).